Sunday 30 December 2012

2012

I could rattle on and on about what I wanted to happen this past year, what actually happened this past year, how I felt about it, how others felt about it, blah blah blah, but I would probably end up with a blog post around about half the length of one of my novellas, so I decided to give you a summary of the key events that took place this year.

Two contracts signed with Beachwalk Press
One story published with Beachwalk Press

One baby girl born in June
One wedding postponed, because preparing for said baby girl ate away at all the wedding savings we had for it. Totally worth it though, and probably a good thing, because…

Zero wedding plans. I’m the most indecisive person in the world, and my fiancĂ© is one of those ‘I’m happy as long as your happy’ people, which sounds sweet but is really just a cop out. I want him to actually start helping me with this process. Anyway, rant over.
Two modules of my degree out of the way.

Two pretty good results, which I’m proud of considering everything else I had going on.
25 Blog posts (this one makes 26)….oops, not that impressive a number. But at least I’m trying J

Three (approx) nights I’ve actually had a good night’s sleep this year.
Zero nights out this year. I’ve only just realised this, either I’m getting old or I really need to get a life…either way, slightly depressing.

There have been far too many of these to count – Books read, chocolate bars eaten, coffee consumed, whole soggy biscuits at the bottom of my cup courtesy of my two year old son, days I’ve told myself the diet will start tomorrow, evening spent watching rubbish television because I’m too tired to move.
Still three hundred and sixty four days spent loving my life this year so far, and I’m hoping tomorrow will be just as great.

So, to sum up, 2012 has been a pretty good year for me. It’s been fairly tame, but more amazing than ever. I can’t wait to see what 2013 holds! Happy new year all!

No comments:

Post a Comment