Monday 27 August 2012

Back to normality...kind of.

Last week was beyond hectic, but I finally feel like I’m back in control. There is still the issue of burst water pipes underneath my home, and the impending major work to be done on the house could burst my bubble, so for now, I’m opting to bury my head in the sand.

I am new to this whole getting published thing, so there is a lot I didn’t know about it, and probably a lot more I still don’t know. Because I’m a British author and I’m getting published with a U.S based publisher, there were some lovely forms I had to fill out so that I get all of the money I’m entitled to. Now, when it comes to forms, I am on the dumbest side of dumb. I like things to be explained to me step by step, and even then I have to meticulously read over the instructions just to be on the safe side. Luckily for me, my lovely publisher introduced me to this blog, without it, I’d probably still be looking at the blank forms wondering where to start. So, if you happen to be in the same boat as I was, and you’re faced with the oh-so-exciting W7 and W-8BEN IRS forms, then  that blog is a good place to start. The forms probably aren’t that difficult to work out alone, but if you’re anything like me then I’d definitely check out this post for guidance.
So now that I finally have an ITIN, I am glad to see the back of those forms (cue sigh of relief). But that doesn’t mean I’m any less busy. I’m between edits at the moment so I have a bit of time to get back to my works in progress. I am furiously tapping away at these every spare minute I have right now until the end of the month. Because I have promised myself that September will be primarily for edits and revising for the dreaded exam that’s looming (I’ll probably also have to vacate the house at some point to avoid being knee deep in water while plumbers and builders sort out whatever the hell is going on underneath the floorboards).

I do hope to get around to re-designing my blog at some point too, and I promise to start blogging a little more regularly. Thank you all for reading this slightly rambling post, and I really do hope your all having a wonderful day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment