Thursday 9 May 2013

Baby Stetson by Nikki Lynn Barrett, Spotlight & Guest Post

 

Blurb


In small Texas towns, strangers come and go...

Left in a Stetson hat, on the steps of the local bed and breakfast, Avery Callimer came into the world on a wing and a prayer. Raised by loving adoptive parents, she's never lacked for love...only the knowledge of her past.

By day she works the Inn, but by night...Avery comes alive as lead singer in a band. Life was good...stable, until new guests blew into town. 

Some strangers come with secrets and lies.

Lucas Bennett is one such stranger. Drifting from one mess to another has left him jaded. Doesn't matter the dramas are never his doing. Giving it one last shot to make a fresh start lands him Harmony's Echo, Texas and smack dab in front of the tantalizing Avery.

Despite his best efforts to ignore the burn Avery's ignited within, he's intent to keep his distance. Secrets have followed him. Secrets he doesn't want Avery to know. Each time they're near the other things heat up like a brushfire on a dry Texas prairie. But maybe, after the dust settles and the smoke clears, love can bloom with a fresh start.

Add this book to your goodreads list!

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17341981-baby-stetson


BUY LINKS


Amazon

 
Barnes & Noble
 
Kobo




AUTHOR BIO


Nikki Lynn Barrett lives in Arizona with her husband and son. She's an avid reader, a dreamer, and loves everything about books. She runs a book blog, an online used bookstore, and writes various genres of romance. Nikki can also be found outside with her camera when a storm is near, snapping photo after photo. Her dreams of becoming a writer started when she was young, when she started writing books in one subject notebooks by the fifth grade. The Secret Santa Wishing Well is her debut book. You can visit Nikki's site at:
www.nikkilynnbarrett.blogspot.com for more information. She is working on her next book. Nikki would love to hear from readers. Email her at nikkilynnbarrett@yahoo.com

 

Author Links



www.nikkilynnbarrett.blogspot.com

Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/6583655.Nikki_Lynn_Barrett



https://www.facebook.com/NikkiLynnBarrettauthor

@Stormgoddess925 on Twitter

Other books by Nikki Lynn Barrett

The Secret Santa Wishing Well



http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/16159845-the-secret-santa-wishing-well

Guest Post

 

Full time mom? AND a writer?

 

Yes, it certainly can happen. Is it easy? Absolutely not.

I wear many hats. Not just as a mother, wife, and a writer. I'm also a blogger (Not just my author blog) I run an online bookstore, I partner with my mom on our jewelry business...and there's so much more.

Does that wear you out? Yeah, me too. There really aren't enough hours in the day. But, I have a lot of dreams and things I want to accomplish, so silly me, I try to take it all on.

Notice how I have no author picture? Do you think I REALLY want you to see the dark circles under my eyes? Uhh...no thank you :)

Honestly, I can't write while my son is home. At least, now when it's just him and I. He just turned four this past March, and if I could siphon even a quarter of his energy, I'd be set for weeks! This past August, my son qualified to go to a preschool. He's speech delayed, so we had speech therapy for him until his 3rd birthday and them come August, he started his school. He gets picked up at nine am and dropped off at 12: 20. It gives me a bit of a break and he gets to spend time around other kids and have lots of fun! (And he definitely does)

When I started out, I was writing three mornings a week. I managed to write a rough draft of The Secret Santa Wishing Well, my first book, in 6 weeks. It was only supposed to be a novella, but after revisions, it turned into a short novel. I made sure that every morning, instead of trying to get sleep or wasting my free time doing nothing, that I disciplined myself to write. When I finished Secret Santa, it was my first completed manuscript since 2004. It gave me the motivation that I could do whatever I wanted if I just put my mind to it. So, I stop writing at about 12:!5, get my son off the bus, feed him lunch and then we spend the next few hours together. We play, I work with him on his speech with various activities. My husband comes home at around four thirty, sometimes we'll have dinner right away, sometimes we don't.

I think what helps with being a full time mom and a writer is that my husband fully supports my writing. He reads my drafts, he edits, he does the formatting, and for Baby Stetson, he even did my cover. He's completely on board with it. So if my muse decides to say "LETS WRITE" he will take our son to the park or McDonald's for a few hours so they can eat and play, and I can write.

I also have sleep problems, so most nights after spending some time with my husband watching TV, playing a game, taking a walk, or whatever we chose, I'll wind up back in the library writing. Or, if I go to bed early enough, I get up when my husband does at 6:15 and write until I have to get my son up for school. It's all about time management, discipline and having support. Now that summer break is coming in about a month, I'm not quite sure how I'm going to manage....but it'll be another challenge to deal with.

Is it something everyone can do easily? Maybe, maybe not. Some things work for some, and for others, it's a whole different story. I'm fortunate to have a family that accepts my writer quirks and understands my need to listen to those fictional characters yelling in my head.

Thank you so much for listening to my rambles! I really appreciate this opportunity to be here!

2 comments: